USPTO Is Hosting a Free Webinar on May 21, 2015 Focused on Resources for Securing Legal Representation and Assistance with Patent Filings
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is hosting a free webinar on Thursday, May 21, 2015 from 2 to 5 pm Eastern Time about resources to help applicants secure legal representation and assistance with patent filings to protect their inventions. The webinar is an especially excellent opportunity for independent inventors and those interested in learning more about the patent system to discover what services the USPTO has to offer.
- The webinar will feature discussions and questions/answers with agency experts on the following topics:
- Availability of free attorney representation in nearly all states for under-resourced independent inventors and small businesses in filing and prosecuting patent applications through the Patent Pro Bono Program;
- Availability of free assistance in drafting and filing either patent or trademark applications through various law school clinics across the country; and
- Resources for inventors to learn about the patent application process and how to file their own applications as pro se applicants (i.e., without legal representation).
- Mark your calendars to attend! A detailed event agenda and webinar access instructions are available at: http://www.uspto.gov/patent/initiatives/executive-actions/uspto-webinar-patent-pro-se-pro-bono-and-law-school-clinic
- Learn more about USPTO tools and services to address patent filing needs by consulting:
- Patent Pro Bono Program: http://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/using-legal-services/pro-bono
- Law School Clinic: http://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/ip-policy/public-information-about-practitioners/law-school-clinic-1
- Pro Se Assistance Program: http://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/using-legal-services/pro-se-assistance-program
- Inventor and Entrepreneur Resources: http://www.uspto.gov/learning-and-resources/inventors-entrepreneurs-resources