INDIANAPOLIS (August 3, 2011) – The Indiana Health Industry Forum (IHIF), a not-for-profit organization representing Indiana’s health science business community, has added several new faces to its board of directors. “We are delighted to welcome these new members and the energy and enthusiasm they bring to our work and discussions”, said IHIF president, Kristin Jones. “The guidance of our board has been instrumental to our growth and progress over the past few years and we are excited about tapping into their ideas as we go forward”.
IHIF added one new member and filled several expiring seats on the board.
Newly elected board member:
• Eric L. Marr, president and CEO of Diversity Accords, LLC was elected at the group’s June meeting.
Members beginning new three year terms:
• Tim Garnett, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Eli Lilly and Co.
• Kun Ma, M.D., Ph.D., MBA, Director of Venture Analysis, CHV Capital, Inc.
• Brenda McLane, Corporate Executive for Life Sciences, Workforce & Economic Development, Ivy Tech Community College
• Sunny Boyd, Ph.D., Associate Vice President for Research, University of Notre Dame
• Christopher Cerone, Vice President for Global Government Affairs, Zimmer, Inc.
The IHIF board of directors is chaired by Dr. Joerg Schreiber. He adds, “we feel the board’s composure nicely represents the full spectrum of Indiana’s health industry and is geared towards reflecting IHIF’s focus on advocacy, education, entrepreneurship, strategic growth, and networking. Our new members will play an important role in carrying the organization into the future”.
For a full listing of IHIF board members, please visit: http://www.ihif.org/contacts/board
The diverse members of the Indiana Health Industry Forum generate the collective voice of the state’s health and life science industry. The Forum connects key stakeholders to enhance business networks, advocate for member interests, develop workforce skills, and provide strategic vision in the interest of growing the state’s health industry economy and reputation. IHIF is the Indiana affiliate of the Biotechnology Industry Organization. To learn more, please visit www.ihif.org or contact IHIF at 317.278.9970.