Presented by Purdue Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Indiana Manufacturers Association and Purdue China Center
Join Jackie Simmons, partner at Baker & Daniels and leader of the firm’s International practice group, as she participates in this highly interactive exploration of why and how to design and navigate a China business strategy. This half-day workshop is designed as a very practical exchange of views with four business development experts from China and senior executives of Indiana firms who have years of experience doing business in China. The goal of the workshop is to give manufacturing firm executives guidance on developing or strengthening winning strategies in the rapidly changing Chinese environment, and insights into how best to implement them. The session will cover two-way trade, investment, protection of intellectual property, joint ventures, dynamics of Chinese negotiation, latest business/economic trends and responses to specific questions.
Other featured speakers include:
- Jon Anderson, director (Shanghai) of Kysosay Global (based in China)
- Mike Barbalas, president of B.F. Goodrich (China); former president of the American Chamber of Commerce in China (based in China)
- Dwight Nordstrom, president of Pacific Resources International (based in China)
- Chuck Walker, chairman of Univertical (Indiana manufacturer with extensive China business)
- Dr. Kim Woodard, senior counselor at InterChina Consulting (based in China)
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT
Location: Purdue College of Technology, Aviation Technology Center
2175 South Hoffman Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Registration Fee: $150
For more information on this event, please contact Mark Van Fleet, executive director of Global Business Engagement at 765.494.0614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.